Friday, January 10, 2014

Normal Service Resumed

Normal service has been resumed and 2014 has picked up where 2013 left off: the government are being horrible right-wing bastards, the police are apparently fitting people up and getting away with murder and the press are doing their best to spread panic and despair, (the Daily Express's obsession with the idea that we're all going to freeze to death in blizzards continues unabated, despite the change of year).  Why do we keep trying to kid ourselves that the advent of a new year represents some kind of clean break with the past, despite all the evidence to the contrary?  Once we've gotten over the hangovers, everything carries on just as before.  Work certainly does.  Although, I have to say, after all the stress I had over Christmas, (roof update: still not repaired, looking for new roofer), it was something of a relief to get back to the mundane predictability of the workplace. 

At least this new year we seemed to avoid all the usual bollocks in the media about new year's resolutions and how we should all turn over a new leaf, drink less, eat more healthily and take more exercise.  Or maybe I just didn't see those TV programmes this time around, (which is possible as I've been spending a lot of time catching up with old movies of dubious quality on You Tube).  Anyway, as ever, I have no intention of making any resolutions, but I do have some tentative plans for online projects over the next few months.  I've been mulling over a new video-based series for this blog, (I've also finally edited together the last of my holiday films from last Summer and once I've sorted out a soundtrack, I'll be posting it here).  It would also be nice to finally get my own podcasts back on track, (although I've abandoned The Sleazecast since the Summer, I have been contributing to other people's podcasts).  Apart from all that, I have, of course, got a whole slate of new stories planned for The Sleaze.  So, it's business as usual in 2014.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home