Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Rant

Well, that's all come to a juddering halt, hasn't it?  My plans for postings this week, that is.  I'm afraid I'm about to go on one of my Google rants, instead.  Clearly, I continue to displease the Great God Google as traffic to The Sleaze continues to dwindle to virtually nothing.  I really am growing weary of their continued assault upon small independent sites - they've buried most of my pages so deep in the search results that nobody will ever find them in any relevant search, (they can find lots of spam sites, irrelevant Wickipedia pages and You Tube videos, though).  I'm not the only one suffering because of Google's apparent war on the web.  Thousands, probably tens of thousands, of smaller sites are being punished in this way for unspecified 'crimes' against Google.  Unlike mine, many of them used to generate revenue for their owners, who are now left, through no fault of their own, without one of their income streams.  Many of them won't even know why their traffic is plummeting, they'll assume there's something wrong with their site and probably spend large amounts of money on fruitless alterations and consultations with SEO 'experts'.  Luckily, I follow a number of webmaster forums, so I'm aware that many others are sharing my plight and that it has nothing to do with the quality of our sites.

Well, I've had enough.  Fuck you Google!  FUCK YOU!!!!  Yeah, that's right, I'm telling you - via a Google owned platform (Blogger) - to go fuck yourself!  So what are you going to do about it?  You've already destroyed my main site by preventing anybody from finding it, so you can't hurt me any more that way.  So, like I said, what are you going to do?  Try and literally 'de-index' me from real life?  I wouldn't put that past you bastards - you already think you own the web, it is surely only a matter of time before you try to claim ownership of reality. Having established that there's little more you can do to me, there are things I can do to you.  For a start, I can start using non-Google properties wherever possible - certainly for web searches, I could also switch this blog over to Wordpress and my videos from YouTube to Vimeo, for instance.  I could also urge everyone I reach, either in person or online, to do likewise.  In fact, I'll start right now:  use Bing, Duck Duck Go or even Blekko for searches instead of Google.  You might find yourself surprised by the lack of spam and the relevancy to your search query of the results.  So Google, you tax evading, copyright infringing, site destroying arseholes, take your shitty search engine, with its crappy non-relevant results, and shove it, because I'm mad as Hell and I'm not taking it any more!  Ah, I feel so much better for that!      

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home