Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Night Meanderings

It's Friday and, to be frank, I'm too tired to write a proper post.  Today was a real uphill struggle - the fog descended on Crapchester, suddenly making the streets I know so well unfamiliar and strange.  Fog does that, it also makes day barely distinguishable from night and makes everything seem sinister.  I spent the afternoon half expecting to see Jack the Ripper, or a mummy, come lumbering out of the fog.  Sadly, nothing that interesting happened.  Instead, I had to contend with drivers who didn't seem to grasp that you have to modify your driving style when travelling through fog - at the very least put your headlights on and slow down.  Anyway, having survived the onslaught of apparently suicidal motorists, I got home to find that this evening was the official switching on of Crapchester's Christmas lights, or light, more likely.  I can't say that I've noticed many festive lights going up around the town in the past few weeks.  I have no idea which 'celebrity' they've roped in this year to do the switching on - last year it was two anonymous out of work actors dressed as chipmunks.  Probably someone who once had a bit part in a soap opera.

Whilst I didn't witness this event, I did hear the fireworks which accompanied it, though.  They were bloody loud and nearly drowned out the TV.  Which wouldn't have been much of loss as the only thing on seemed to be Children in Need.  What's the betting that the tabloids have spent the past week trying to find some way of tying at least one of the presenters to the Jimmy Savile sex scandal?  I hope Dave Lee Travis wasn't going to be a guest on it - that would have embarrassing in view of his arrest this week by police investigating Savile.  But hey - there's no need to worry, DLT himself has assured us that the allegations againsy him have nothing to do with children.  That's right, it's OK as he has only been accused of molesting grown women.  Which figures - I'd always imagined that if DLT was a sex offender (which he hasn't been proven to be), he'd be an old school sex pest, probably a groper.  But like I said, it's all just allegations so far.  I'm sure he's as innocent as he claims to be.  Well, that's about it for now.  Have a good weekend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home