Friday, May 11, 2012

Hare Today

Did you see that bloody coalition 'relaunch' attempt the other day?  You know, that fiasco with Cameron and Clegg in the tractor factory.  Quite frankly, I don't know why Cameron didn't just bend Clegg over the back wheel of one of the tractors, pull his trousers down and give one up the arse, it surely would have been a more accurate summation of the coalition is really about.  OK, this isn't going anywhere, is it?  I mean, I've already done the political rant for the week, haven't I?  What else can I talk about?  Let me think.  Oh yes, earlier this week I saw a hare.  I know that doesn't sound exciting, but believe me, you don't often see a hare out in the open these days.  They're usually quite shy and retiring.  Anyway, even by hare standards, he was a pretty big bugger, (I'm assuming it was a he, I'm no expert when it comes to sexing hares).  The point, if there is one, is that the hare is an ancient symbol of the moon goddess (Diana or Selene, depending upon whether you were Roman or Ancient Greek).  Now, bearing in mind that a few days before I saw the hare, we experienced the so-called 'Super Moon', (or as I like to call it, 'the moon'), I'm left wondering, was it some kind of portent?

Popular opinion amongst people I've mentioned this to (aside from thinking I'm deranged) is that it is a sign that someone I know is going to reveal themselves to me as a moon goddess.  Assuming, not unreasonably I think, that this person would be of the female persuasion, this narrows down the number of possibilities as to the identity of this possible goddess.  However, so far, I'm still waiting, despite keeping a close eye on various female acquaintances.  Which raises the possibility that it could be someone who isn't close at hand.  Which narrows the number of suspects quite considerably.  I'm going to text my friend Little Miss Strange (assuming she can get a signal in her cave) and ask her if she is a secret moon goddess and if so, is she likely to reveal herself to me any time soon.  Actually, I know bloody well that she reads this blog, so if you are a moon goddess and about to reveal yourself, let me know in the comments.  Of course, the hare could have been a portent of something else altogether.  Indeed, bearing in mind that my sighting of the beast preceded my shitty forty eight hours, perhaps it wasn't such a good omen.  In which case, I'll be avoiding hares in future.   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home