Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rambling Along

I finally went back to work today, after my Easter break.  Not surprisingly, it's left me feeling knackered and planning my next leave.  It increasingly feel as if I'm just going through the motions as far as work is concerned.  I'm on autopilot all the time I'm there.  The real measure of how disaffected I am work-wise lies in the fact that I didn't even do much when I was off work over Easter - just the fact of not being there was sufficient.  Obviously, the weather didn't help, confining me to the house for a lot of the time.  Which is always dangerous, as I could then easily be enticed into DIY projects.  Like putting together a new bookcase.  I really don't know what came over me, assembling that on the day before returning to work.  I got up this morning aching from head to foot as a result of manhandling that bloody thing.  Still, at least it afforded me the opportunity to do some hammering and drilling in the evening as retaliation against my noisy neighbour.

As you've probably guessed, I'm rambling with no clue as to where this post is going.  I'm pretty sure that I had a clear idea of what I was going to post about today, but somewhere along the line, amidst the trauma of assembling bookcases and going back to work, I've forgotten what it was.  So let's deal with some admin issues.  First up, I have to thank pq ribber for giving me a shout out on his excellent podcast Bug Out a couple of weeks ago.  I'm truly honoured!  Once again, I'd urge everyone to go over to The Overnightscape Underground and listen to an edition of Bug Out, or any of the other excellent podcasts there.  Actually, pq hasn't been banging out his podcast as regularly as I'd like of late.  But that's just me being selfish, I'm sure he has other things to do than entertain me!  In the absence of new editions of Bug Out, I've been going back over pq ribber's back catalogue, catching up with some of his earlier podcasts like Night Project and Bedcast, which are all highly entertaining.  Speaking of podcasts, I've been very disappointed at the poor reception my most recent Sleazecast seems to have received.  After its predecessor set new records for downloads, quite literally nobody has bothered with this one!  OK, you might think it crap, but if you don't listen, how can you know for sure.  I accept that posting it just before the Easter bank holiday weekend probably didn't help its visibility.  So I'm considering bumping it back up to the top.  Ha!  I'm determined to force you to listen!  Anyway, that's enough for now, perhaps I'll remember what I'm meant to be posting about by tomorrow...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home