Friday, January 20, 2012

Street Names of Shame

It became clear to me today that, here in Crapchester, the council is running out of names for new streets. In the past we've had estates with road name themes including composers, poets, islands, birds, rivers, artists, even cricketers. However, today I had cause to visit part of a new estate which I hadn't previously ventured into and found possibly the worst street name theme I've ever come across, inspired, it seems, by the fact that the roads in question back onto our main post sorting office. Here are some of the street names I managed to record:









I think that the last one, Parcel Drive, is possibly the very worst residential street name ever. There were a couple I didn't get pictures of - Pillar Box Avenue and Penny Black Lane. It's quite clear that Crapchester Borough Council will have to stop the building of any more housing estates due to their lack of imagination when it comes to street naming policy. Why have they never used fish as a theme? It seems like an obvious one to me - there are so many species of fish you could have a huge estate and still not run out of names. But no, they prefer the likes of Recorded Delivery Road. Idiots.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home