Monday, December 19, 2011

The Sleazecast 4: Conspiracy!


First off, I need to apologise for the state of my voice on this one. I had a cold whilst recording it, as evidenced by my constant sniffing. That said, I make no apology for the fact that this edition of The Sleazecast is somewhat more serious than its predecessors. Indeed, it is more akin to what I was actually striving for when I recorded the first one.

With modern life, and the web in particular, awash with conspiracy theories, I thought it was time for a fairly serious examination of what makes conspiracy theories and the people who perpetrate them tick. So, without further ado, on with the show, which you can listen to here:

The Sleazecast 4: Conspiracy! (Running time: 42' 26")

Alternatively, you can download it here in mp3 format.

Track listing:

1. Introduction: In which the Doc gets paranoid.

2. Anatomy of a Conspiracy: In which we dissect a conspiracy and create a new one, all from nothing!

3. The Conspiracy Lovers: Where the Doc looks at the true believers of the conspiracy world.

4. Paul is Dead and Other Popular Conspiracies: A whistle stop tour of some of the most popular showbiz conspiracies, including the Doc's own contributions.

5. Creating Conspiracies: How to concoct a conspiracy theory in one easy lesson.

6. The Conspiracy Behind the Conspiracies: We conclude by asking, 'Can you see the conspiracy which lies in plain sight?'

Again, I think this is another improvement, even though it was recorded and edited in record time. Next time, we'll be back to a more lighthearted - and possibly seasonal - tone.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home