Friday, December 16, 2011

Still Seeking the Seasonal Spirit

Well, my attempts to get into the Christmas spirit continue - I've finally gotten around to putting up my meagre decorations. I restrict myself to a pair of Christmas trees: my really tatty £1.99 tree I bought from Asda a few years ago, which sits, adorned with my 96p lights from the same source, in my front room, and a somewhat better one which sits here in the living room. I'm convinced those lights will eventually burn the house down, but I can't deny that they've given pretty good service over the past four years. Especially considering that I was amazed they worked the first time. I'm still not sure it has helped my mood. Maybe things will get better when I finish work next week - I'm only doing a couple of days before taking my Winter break. It's much easier to feel festive when not weighed down by the wicked world of work.

Anyway, I've got all manner of things planned for The Sleaze and Sleaze Diary next week. I'm just putting the finishing touches to a seasonal-themed story for the main site, and I'm abut to edit together another Sleazecast. I've also spent some time this week filming various garish Christmas lights on people's houses, and I'm hoping to cut all this footage together into a short film. On top of all that, I'm hopeful of recording another episode of The Sleazecast during Christmas week, for publication prior to the big day itself. If all of that doesn't get me in the right mood for Yuletide, then nothing will. Hell, I think I'll go and eat a mince pie now, that should help as well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home