Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve 2011 at The Sleaze

With 2011 rapidly hurtling toward oblivion, it's time to bring you our annual New Year's Eve celebration update. Well, as I'm still feeling bloody rough from the return of my cold earlier this week, I have every intention of staying in and drinking my own beer and watching some DVDs, (probably a couple of Hammer's early 1970s lesbian vampire flicks), this year. Last year, for the first time in an age, I was persuaded to go out and see the New Year in at the pub - I returned home at two in the morning thinking that I was definitely too old for this shit. That feeling was reinforced by my Christmas Eve drinking experiences this year - my local pub was packed to the rafters, mainly with 'young' people, and you could hardly hear yourself think, let alone have a conversation. It also took what seemed like hours to get served, as the bar staff were run off of their feet. It took until midnight before we could find anywhere to sit, and it was quiet enough to talk. I have no desire to repeat the experience tonight!

Of course, the other great seasonal convention we're meant to be observing is that of making New Year's resolutions. Now, regular readers will know my opinion of such things - why wait until an arbitrary date once every twelve months to make potentially life-changing decisions? If you want to change your life, just do it, regardless of the time of year! Some years ago I half-jokingly resolved to give up on romance, in the sense that I would make the effort to stop falling into unrequited love with every other woman I met, as it was such a waste of energy and screwed up my emotional life so badly. Curiously enough. I have actually stuck to that resolution, with fantastic results - since making it I've suffered fewer bouts of depression and felt far more emotionally stable. I've definitely been easier to deal with without the mood swings! So, if I'm pushed to make a resolution this year, I'll stick with simply renewing that one! Well, I'm off to eat some of the sausage rolls I've just baked to provide me with some fortitude as I attempt to compose an overdue editorial for The Sleaze. See you all in 2012!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home