Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nazi Business

I think I might have upset some neo-Nazis. That is to say I hope I've upset some neo-Nazis. To elaborate, my story Gay Nazis Must Die was linked to by a white-supremacist site. Now, I'm not going to give these people any publicity by naming or linking to them, but I have to admit that the site scared me. It really is hard to believe that such things actually exist. Billing itself as 'The Voice of Progressive Racism' (!), it poses such burning questions as 'Why do people fear "racism"?' (because it is stupid and irrational, and admitting to being a racist will surely mark you out as an ignorant bastard, perhaps?), and refers to President Obama as President Obongo, claiming that he's a gay drug addict. All pretty sane and balanced stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.

Taking all this into account, I'm left wondering exactly what these nutters make of my story (and a lot of them have clicked on it). I can only assume that it was the word 'Nazi' in the title which led to it being picked up from the RSS feed. Sadly, whilst I hope the bastards are offended by it, I suspect that the morons will think that it is somehow endorsing their 'values', despite the fact that I make it as obvious as possible exactly what I think of them. One thing I've learned about the web is that a lot of the people who use it have no critical faculties whatsoever and take everything they read at face value. Add to that the fact that extreme right-wingers have no sense of humour (at least, not in the sense that any normal person would understand humour), means that the people linking to the story from this source will ever recognise it as satire, or themselves as it's target.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home