Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Caught on Camera


Some cynics have called into question the existence of my Christmas tree, mainly on the basis that I've never bothered putting up decorations before, and that nobody but me saw it. In order to quell such ludicrous rumours, I felt forced to take a picture of it - with my newly acquired webcam - before I took it down for twelfth night. See, I even had the lights illuminated, not to mention the Christmas cards artfully arranged around it. I must admit that, so far, this is just about the only picture I've taken with the aforementioned webcam. I'm not sure why I even bought it, other than the fact that it was cheap in a sale.


I have discovered that, due to the light levels and low angle I was holding the camera, it makes my living room look like a particularly seedy serial killer's den. In fact, I can make it look even more sinister by putting the feed through Windows Movie Maker and applying the 'old film' filter, to simulate scratches and the like on it. Perhaps I'll edit a 'tour' of my house down to a two-minute film and release it on YouTube with no explanation, and see which serial killer's house people think it is. Otherwise, I'm still not sure exactly how I'm going to deploy this webcam. Maybe it'll be the first step on the road to me producing feature films, sleazy ones, of course.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home