Friday, January 02, 2009

In With the New

Whilst pondering what to put in the first post of 2009, I decided to take a look at what I wrote last year. Jesus! Something had clearly pissed me off pretty severely this time last year! I certainly seemed to have a real downer on just about everything to do with the New Year. Mind you, for the life of me, I can't remember exactly what it was that had got my goat. Still, what a difference twelve months make! Frankly, I'm even amazing myself with my good mood and positive outlook at the moment. God knows where it's coming from - it's freezing cold outside, the recession's in full swing and Spurs had a lousy run in the League over Christmas. Nevertheless, nothing can seem to dent my good spirits. You know, I'm in such a bloody good mood that, for the first time ever, I've entered a story in the annual Humorfeed satire competition. I know - what the fuck was I thinking? I'm just about the least competitive person in the world! But what the hell, I thought whilst in the grip of this strange spirit of goodwill, why not try you luck?

Mind you, the trouble is that having entered the contest, I now feel obligated to take it seriously and read all of the other entries before casting my votes. This is proving somewhat time consuming. At the same time, I'm trying to come up with a first story for the year. Thankfully, I've still got a few days off work and a lot of beer in the fridge. Mind you, I think that going back to work next week will be a stern test of my new mood of optimism. There's nothing like several consecutive days of mind-numbing routine to kick the crap out of any good mood. To be fair, I thought that maybe tonight's FA Cup Third Round match between Spurs and Wigan would destroy my goodwill. But, incredibly, Spurs contrived to win. Anyway, I've rambled on for long enough now. Doubtless, normal service (and mood) will be resumed next week, when Christmas finally ends and the New Year starts in earnest.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home