Thursday, August 17, 2006

Damned Lies!

You know, I can't let my associate Big Sleazy's allegations about me - made in his recent editorial over at The Sleaze - go unchallenged. OK, I know that I'm not physically in Tibet, but I made clear in my last editorial that I might actually be visiting a metaphorical Tibet of the mind. Attempting to find my personal Shang-ri La in the rarefied air of my subconscious' upper heights, if you will. As for all his nonsense about my unrequited lusts for various young women - it is all lies, I tell you! I merely left my raincoat in her hotel room! I wouldn't mind if it wasn't coming from a man who plays poker against his cat because it is the only way he can win (although he still has to cheat - that cat is a cool customer with no discernible 'tells'). Is it any wonder that it is a couple of years since I last let him write an editorial!

Well, I'm finally looking forward to some time off of the day job and opportunity to take in some of the joys of Summer (what is left of it, that is), I was talking about in an earlier post. Village fetes, horticultural shows and tent exhibitions here I come! Of course, I might decide to go away - to Tibet, perhaps. Whatever I do, I intend cutting down the number of blog posts for the rest of the month. A combination of running with my tank on empty and the 'silly season' news-wise, has resulted in some very patchy posting of late. I shall return, hopefully refreshed, to full-time posting next month!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home