More Milk Deliveries
I've had a busy couple of days, on the road a lot, culminating in an evening in the pub. So, I'm too knackered to actually come up with a proper post - I'm sure that I had an idea for a post, but I'm too tired to remember what it was. Instead, here's a picture of a couple of recent model railway acquisitions. These are a pair of Wrenn six wheeled milk tankers, which will join the other ten (a mix of Wrenn. Lima and Hornby) in my milk train. I think that I probably have more than enough milk tankers now, having acquired another couple of Wrenn tankers a few months ago, (they can be seen behind the latest two).
I must admit, that I had no intention of buying another two, but these were very cheap at the local Toy and Train Fair, (Wrenn wagons, even unboxed are still usually relatively expensive). Plus, they are in the St Ivel livery I already have two of the Lima tankers in a version of this livery, but the Wrenn version is fairly unusual. Whilst Wrenn were notorious for putting out rolling stock in colourful, but fictional liveries, this colour scheme is actually genuine. In the sixties, the newly formed Unigate had a number of tankers refurbished and repainted in order to promote their new yoghurt brand. Which means that they might have been hauled by steam locomotives, meaning that they aren't necessarily anachronistic with regard to my layout.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home