After Hours: Voodoo Drums Over England
We’re After Hours again, where the mysterious ‘Night Caller’ is
disturbing the sleep of people who didn’t even know he was listening.
Who is he? Is he really from ‘Radio Midnight’, the talk station that
calls you? Meanwhile, Dagenham’s top citizen journalist investigates
strange goings-on at the local supermarket which could lead to the sound
of Voodoo drums being heard all across England. The-Man-in-the-Pub
declares war on street performers after an unfortunate encounter with a
‘living statue’, while ‘Camera Obscura’ is back, discussing an obscure
bondage-themed beach movie. The WNKR late movie is previewed before we
find out whether ‘Immigrants Ate My Granny!’ as political candidate
claims widespread cannibalism amongst illegal immigrants.
Listen Here: After Hours: Voodoo Drums Over England
‘After Hours’ was created using Google AI Studio, ChatGPT with sound effects by Freesound Community via Pixababy.com. Opening theme ‘Twilight Static’ and closing theme ‘Twilight Sunder’ by Doc Sleaze via Freemusic.ai.
Officially the first episode of Series Two, this seventh edition of 'After Hours' turned out to be something of a trial to produce. By last Friday, I thought that I'd got it all in the can, but then I started to try and put it all together and realised that the segments just felt unbalanced and didn't establish any kind of rhythm. So, it was back to the drawing board - three already recorded items were discarded and I hurriedly wrote and recorded three replacements. By Saturday, I had something I was happier with - better balanced and with a better rhythm to it, so I could finally add the sound effects. The three discarded items will, doubtless, turn up in the next episode. The main difference you will here between this and previous episodes is the theme music, with new opening and closing themes. Hopefully, with three segments already 'in the can', the next episode can come together a bit more easily!
Labels: Podcasts


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home