Tuesday, February 20, 2024

An Interruption to Normal Service

Well, I was hoping to post something about another film here today, but my phone line and internet were abruptly cut off this evening, without warning.  (I have paid the bills - only a couple of days ago, in fact).  By the time I realised what was happening - I initially thought only the internet was down, the victim of one of Plusnet's DNS outages - the BT customer help lines were down.  Their diagnostic bot sent me some texts saying that it couldn't find a fault and that it was investigating further, then went AWOL.  Their messaging system is meant to be active until 22:30, but they still haven't got back to me and seem unlikely to before they shut down for the night.  Right now, I'm only online thanks to using my mobile phone as a USB tether - it is eating up a lot of data and costing me money on top of what I pay my ISP and landline providers.  Of course, the lack of internet means that my Roku box is also down, depriving me of any streaming TV.  In all, a pretty shitty situation that I won't be able to even start resolving until tomorrow.  God knows how long it will all take to resolve - going on my past experience of BT, I don't see getting any joy any time soon, so I have no idea when I'll be able start posting here regularly again.  Thanks BT, you pile of shit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home