Friday, May 29, 2020

Gone Walking...


I've spent the past few days taking advantage of the combination of good weather and the relaxation of lockdown restrictions on how far you can go for exercise and how long you can exercise for, in order to take some long country walks.  While I've driven out to a few places to take these walks, today's excursion was entirely on foot.  The above picture actually shows the beginning of the country bit - to get to this right-of-way through a field, I had to traverse three quarters of a mile, or so, of suburban streets, business estates and a footbridge across the M3 motorway.  But after this, it is all footpaths alongside fields and country lanes. 

The change of scene has been beneficial - it's good to be outside somewhere other than the local park or my garden.  Much as I enjoy being at home - one of the benefits of this lockdown - when the sun beckons, I like to be outside.  Another benefit of the lockdown is that when I am outside, there still aren't that many people about.  That said, today one of the footpaths I traversed suddenly seemed to become the busiest thoroughfare in the county, the number of other people who suddenly appeared on it, (it's actually the first time I've ever seen anyone other than myself on that particular route).  Now, while the overwhelming majority of the other people I encounter on these paths do the decent thing and try to put some distance between us as we pass (something I reciprocate), I have to say that joggers simply refuse to do this.  They seemingly don't see why they should deviate from their course - straight down the middle of any given path - for anyone or anything.  I can only assume that they are channeling their inner Dominic Cummings, such is their arrogance in this respect.  But really, these idiots need to start showing some consideration for others, regardless of whether there is a pandemic or not.  Apart from these rude bastards, however, I've had a pretty good week's walking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home