Monday, December 24, 2018

A Crapchester Christmas in the Rain


Christmas Eve, so it must be time for our now traditional Crapchester Christmas lights video.  It very nearly didn't happen this year.  For one thing, I really couldn't be arsed to go around filming people's decorations this year.  Even when I could be arsed, I usually forgot.  Plus, they were mostly the same as last years.  Oh, and every time I could be arsed and remembered to film, it seemed to pour with rain.  So I decided to make the rain a feature of this year's video. Many of the light displays might be the same as seen in previous years, but this time they are photographed through the rain.  The main shot, taken from inside a moving car, is, indeed, the same location as I used last year.  But the car is different: last year it was shot from a camera mounted on the dashboard of my old Focus, this year from a camera on the dash of my Saab.  And it is raining this time.  Besides, Christmas is always the season of repeats, isn't it?

Anyway, Christmas is now officially open: I declared it so a few hours ago when I poured myself a brandy, started baking some sausage rolls and ate a mince pie.  Now the relaxing really begins - I have a whole stack of DVDs, (which include a couple of Giallos, some British sexploitation and an Italian cannibal movie), to work through over the festive period so, hopefully, the schlock content here should start flowing in the New Year.  I'm also hopeful of spending some quality time with my trains, recording at least one new podcast, (I have a new seasonal one up over at the Overnightscape Undergound right now), and catching up with some friends.  It's been a tough year for me - from the outset 2018 was beset with problems and, for me, dominated by major health issues.  Things have, however, steadily improved, especially over the past couple of months, and I'm hoping that 2019 will be a better year for me personally, (although, as a nation, we're standing on the precipice of a disastrous Brexit and the concomitant political crisis).  Certainly, for many aspects of my life, I'm looking upon it as a fresh start, (indeed, I've already commenced an extensive clear out of my house, long delayed by illness and other crap that has distracted me). 

Before we all go off and celebrate the season, was I right, or was I right?  About those alleged drones at Gatwick, I mean.  All of a sudden yesterday I started to see all this speculation tat they might never have existed - what was I saying a couple of posts ago, eh?  I noticed that today the authorities were trying to back pedal on this, but it is clear that the police, at least, seem to think that it was a case of mass hysteria.  Just as I was speculating last Thursday.  (I must admit that when they arrested those two people, I began to worry that I was going to be made to look a fool very quickly, but then they released them without charge - after the right wing press had already found them guilty and libeled them - and the non-existent drones talk started).  But is anyone acknowledging the fact that, for once, I was actually right?  No, of course they fucking aren't!  But hey, let's get on with the celebrations.  A happy Winterval to you all and I'll see you on the other side.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home