Friday, November 24, 2017

Black Friday Night Rant

Black Friday.  Fuck it.  Just fucking fuck it.  Don't get me started on this utterly nonsensical annual 'event' - I've said it before and I'll say it again:  we don't have bloody Thanksgiving in the UK, so it makes no sense whatsoever to a have a 'Black Friday'.  Unlike the US, people here don't have the day off to go shopping for alleged 'bargains'.  Instead, the bastards all pile into the shops after work, just when I'm trying to do my shopping for the weekend.  A perfect end to what has been the week from Hell at work.  Quite apart from Tuesday's entirely unnecessary trip to Bristol, it has been nothing but shit at work all week.  Of course, my continued tiredness from Tuesday hasn't helped.  Then again, it wouldn't have continued if I'd actually been allowed to finish at a reasonable hour for the rest of the week.  Yesterday, when I found that I wasn't allowed even to get through a dental appointment without being pursued by work via my work mobile, (I know I should have remembered to switch it off at the dentist's, but nevertheless, it's still a bit much), I ended the day feeling that I should just walk away.

But obviously, I didn't.  And ended up enduring another Hellish day, (but one, at least, not interrupted by calls from the office - in fact, late in the day, I called them for direction on something and inconvenienced them).  You know, people keep asking me 'How's work?' or similar variations, and seem disappointed when I just shrug and tell them that it is the same as it always is, (which is shit, if you haven't guessed).  I don't know what it is that they want me to say.  What is there to say?  It is what it is and there is nothing I can do to change it.  Other than leave. Which I might finally do come the New Year.  Because I really don't know why I'm still doing it.  The thing is, I try to avoid discussing work socially (not just because it is shit and dull, but also because I can't for reasons of confidentiality).  So I really would rather that other people wouldn't keep bringing it up - when I'm not at work, I just want to forget about it.  And if I want to rant about it, I'll do it here.  OK, Black Friday night rant over!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home