Thursday, December 03, 2015

Same Old New Directions

A while ago I was predicting that Sleaze Diary seemed to be shifting from personal/editorial blog to a predominantly pop culture blog.  Inevitably, things have turned out differently, as they always seem to around here.  Since my prediction, the personal and political stuff has become prominent again, reflecting developments in my life and interests.  Which isn't to say that things are now moving in the opposite direction to the one I predicted.  The pop culture stuff, particularly the exploitation film side of things, has still been taking up quite a bit of my time, just not on this blog.  For the past few months I've been producing the 'Schlock Express' podcast for the 'Overnightscape Underground', which is aimed at bringing the world of exploitation to a non-expert audience.  With some success, I have to say.  In the main, it draws on the stuff I've already posted here as the basis for the scripts.  Nevertheless, recording and editing each edition is time consuming.  On top of that, I haven't had much time of late to catch up with all the various low-rent movies I've got queued up.  Hopefully, I'll be able to start getting up to date with my schlock backlog this weekend.

One of the things to come out of producing the 'Schlock Express' podcast is that I'm edging ever closer to trying to resume my original podcast series, 'The Sleazecast'.  The main hurdle is in coming up with a new format which isn't as labour intensive as the last couple of editions turned out to be.  I'm still working on that.  Of course, if I wasn't spending so much time being a 'terrorist sympathiser', as our Prime Minister seemes to think that anyone who doesn't support the bombing of Syria must be, I'd have more time to produce all these podcasts, run The Sleaze, watch schlock movies and write this blog.  An overriding theme of the 'debate' over Syria seems to have been that 'we can't do nothing - we must do something'.  Which is utterly nonsensical, as doing nothing is always an option, albeit not neccessarily the right one, but it is an option - so if your entire argument for bombing someone is based on such a fallacy then, to be frank, you have no credible argument. It's like that other nonsense politicians like to spout: 'the status quo is not an option'.  Of course it is a bloody option!  You can say that it one you don't want to consider, but it still exists!  Anyway, enough of these ramblings, I'm off to the pub.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home