Thursday, September 05, 2013

The Last Day of Summer

Actually, it isn't.  In meteorological terms Summer ended with August but, as is often the case, the season spilled over into early September.  Something I'm grateful for as I'm still on holiday.  Anyway, if we are to believe the weather forecasters, today was likely to have been the last warm Summery day we're likely to have for quite a while.  So I made the most of it, squeezing every last ounce of pleasure from it, including a trip to the beach and a long walk through some beautiful countryside.  With much of it caught on film.  Actually, the eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed a lack of my holiday films so far this year.  It isn't that I haven't been shooting them, just that I haven't gotten around to editing any of the footage.  Not only have I been busy doing other stuff, but I decided I wanted to do it a bit differently this year. 

But getting back to the original point, whilst I'm still on holiday tomorrow, the weather forecast isn't good and I haven't planned to go anywhere.  I've got all sorts of dull but essential real-life things to do, like paying bills, shopping, ironing and shopping, all of which I've neglected while I've been on holiday.  That said, if I wake up to blazing sunshine tomorrow, I'll be in the car and out of here all day.  The mundane stuff can always wait another day.  But if it rains and I end up doing the boring stuff, then I might have some time left to start editing together those holiday films.  You've been warned...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home