Saturday, August 31, 2013

Another Stolen Day

I've had a hectic day.  I had to, as I was trying to pack two days worth of holiday into one, after that bloody car accident that happened on the first day effectively stole another day of my leave yesterday.  After getting up far too early for a non-work day in order to meet the guy taking my damaged car to the insurer's approved garage, it then transpired that the rental car I was meant to be getting, courtesy of the insurers, wouldn't be ready until four o'clock.  Obviously, by the time all the paperwork was done, it was more like five o'clock.  Which meant that I had no car for all of yesterday, resulting in my having to shelve my plans.  I really am getting fed up with this continued disruption of my precious time off from work.  The weather's great at the moment, I'm not at work and just want to spend my time away from my usual life.  Not waste it kicking my heels waiting for a bloody rental car.

Anyway, I eventually made it to the beach today, (despite the rental car's best attempts to fight me every inch of the way), and, an irritating yapping dog aside, I had a nice relaxing time.  It's amazing the difference a few hours change of scenery can make.  Which is what holidays are all about for me: being somewhere different so that I can be someone different.  These few weeks off every year are a release for me - away from the strait-jacket of work for an extended period, I'm a different person.  I dress differently, I behave differently, keeping different hours and having a sunnier demeanour.  I say I'm a different person, the reality is that I'm myself, able to cast off the façade I have to put up to get through work these days.  So, here's hoping that I can enjoy next week - the last week of my break - without further serious disruption.  There's a lot I want to do and only a few days to do it all in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home