Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Waste of Time

This evening has been a nightmare.  A complete waste of time, in fact.  My laptop has been virtually unusable, in web-browsing terms, with tabs not opening, pages taking forever to load, often culminating in the entire machine locking up, leaving me with no option but to shut it down using the 'off' button.  It has been impossible to get anything done - I've abandoned the planned blog post here, for instance.  To be fair, this shit has been going on since the weekend, with the system crashing yesterday, as well. It all seems to go back to when I updated my anti-virus software (the licence had expired).  Indeed, the only way I can get any semblance of normality is by shutting the anti-virus programme down.  Even then, browsers still play up every so often.  Quite honestly, the only solution I can see is to completely uninstall the anti-virus, (and try to get my money back - I paid thirty quid for the new licence).  Of course that will take time, (as will installing a replacement), and, to be frank, I resent the amount of time I've already wasted on this.  If this was some ancient laptop running Windows XP, then I'd expect problems when installing an up-to-date anti-virus application.  However, this is a relatively recent machine running Windows 7, which the software claimed to be compatible with.

Anyway, I'll probably be looking to a free anti-virus solution to replace the current crock of shit.  That way, even if it fucks up my system the same way this one has, at least I won't hae paid for the privilege.  Hopefully, normal service will be resumed soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home