Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Lost in the Woods

An eventful day which hasn't left me much time to think about a post. I spent part of the day lost in the woods, then later I was building Lego houses with my great nieces. They weren't in the woods, obviously. They were down at my mother's, which is where the house building took place. I have to say that my oldest great niece seems to have the makings of a property developer - she has a penchant for demolishing perfectly good Lego houses and building several more on the same base. Clearly, she's spent far too much time watching Homes Under The Hammer during the school holidays. Anyway, this post - I suppose I could always comment on Cameron's cabinet reshuffle. But really, what's the point? This government is so bereft of talent and in so much trouble that it is like playing musical deck chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

So, instead I'll give you a brief introduction to the world of Unmann-Wittering. To cut to the chase, Unmann-Wittering is the webmaster of a series of blogs I recently stumbled across and enjoyed. The blogs in question, Island of Terror, Mounds and Circles and This Is Not The Universe, are basically a celebration of the kind of pop culture trivia I revel in. Island of Terror seems to focus mainly on old British movies and TV series from the 1960s and 70s, whilst Mounds and Circles is a heady mix of Graham Green, Brit smut and seediness, whether represented by old paperbacks, films, TV series, post cards or art. The third site is less easy to summarise, other than to say that is a collection of interesting 'stuff'. It's probably easier if you just go and read it. So, there you have it, from wandering around the woods to Brit smut, via Lego houses. Just an average day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home