Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Sleazecast: High Strangeness

Well, here it is at last - the longest Sleazecast yet, weighing in at sixty seven minutes or so. But do I care? Hell, no! I tried doing a shorter Sleazecast last time and nobody bloody listened to it! So to Hell with you all! Actually, I'm pretty pleased with this one - much less of me just talking and more professional open source material. I'm afraid that my links sound a bit ropey due to my continued hay fever problems - I delayed recording my vocals in the hope that it would clear up, but to no avail. Nonetheless, overall the whole thing panned out pretty well, with some innovative developments. Moreover, for once the theme - all things paranormal - was actually sustained for the whole broadcast.

I have to admit that this is actually my third attempt to get this particular podcast off the ground - I twice abandoned it due to my inability to get a handle on the material or to find a suitable approach. Anyway, as ever, enough talking about the podcast - you can listen to it here:

The Sleazecast: High Strangeness

Alternatively, you can download it here as an mp3 file.

The track listing is as follows:

1. Introduction: the 1970 radio ad for supernatural Mondo Witchcraft '70 gets us in the mood.

2. Come to The Sabbat! A tune from Black Widow kicks off proceedings.

3. Doc Sleaze muses on the image of the witch through the ages.

4. Modern day witch Louise Heubner on the true nature of witchcraft and magic.

5. The Doc ponders the 1944 witchcraft trials and fakery in spiritualism.

6. Fraudulent Spiritualists - an investigation from the pages of the Library of the World's Best Mystery and Detective Stories, vol 6, courtesy of Libravox.

7. Paranormal News with Suzie Sleaze.

8. The Stockbridge Sasquatch - Doc Sleaze and guests investigate the mystery of the Hampshire Bigfoot sightings.

9. 'Space Belongs to Me, Do You Hear?' HP Lovecraft inspired sounds from The Unnameable.

10. The Flying Saucer Mystery - more musings from Doc Sleaze.

11. Alien Abduction - a medley of abductees' experiences - in their own words.

12. Conclusion.

13. Conjuration! Black Widow play us out.

OK, that's another one done and dusted! I've no idea when the next Sleazecast will be, or what it will be about. Keep watching this space!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home