Friday, October 15, 2010

Lacking Inspiration

I can't deny that this hasn't exactly been a vintage week, post-wise. I'm afraid that I just haven't been up to the job for a variety of reasons, chiefly the lingering after-effects of a cold. The bottom line, though, is that I've simply been lacking in inspiration - there hasn't been anything in the news that has piqued my interest this week and, even worse, nothing at all of interest has happened to me lately either. I've also been distracted by my attempts to write a new story for The Sleaze. It's another Hallowe'en piece, (it is October, after all), combining horror with cookery. This follows on from our first Hallowe'en horror-themed story, That Old Black Magic, which was a heavily re-written and re-worked version of a post from this blog. I think the new version is a considerable improvement on the original, with better structure and pacing and a far superior denouement.

Once the new story is completed, I'll be turning my attention to coming up with a new editorial, before focusing on the final story of our traditional Hallowe'en season. In other developments over at The Sleaze, our virtual newsreader, Suzie Sleaze, is finally up and running. At the moment, you can find her on the Total Bollocks page, reading the latest showbiz news headlines. When I get sufficient time, I'm hoping to giver her a dedicated page to herself. If I ever get around to finding time to carry out that complete overhaul and revamping of the site that I've been threatening for years now, she might get promoted to the front page. Well, that just about covers recent developments at The Sleaze. Hopefully, next week will find me inspired enough to come up with some decent posts for Sleaze Diary.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home