Monday, September 13, 2010

To The Lighthouse

My holiday may be over, (it culminated somewhat randomly with a tiger hunt, courtesy of my great niece, but that's another story), but the films keep on coming. This one is from a couple of weeks ago, featuring a lighthouse and an old sea fort:

To the Lighthouse from Doc Sleaze on Vimeo.


As you can see, this one is slightly disjointed, mainly due to the fact that I found a fair amount of the footage I shot either 'underexposed' due to low light levels, or 'overexposed' as a result of the sun being so low in the sky, (I filmed a lot of it quite late in the afternoon). I cobbled together what I could salvage as best I could, but I can't help but feel that the fort got a bit short-changed, with lots of its features not properly highlighted by the finished film.

For those of you growing weary of my films, don't worry. There are only a couple more to come. I've got a load of footage taken in the New Forest that I'm trying to make some sense out of, and a return visit to the beach featured in 'Another Beach, Another Walk', this time at low tide and focusing on the main beach, rather than the D-Day relics. That said, as I found last year, having returned to work, I don't have as much time available to edit the footage down into films, so it could be a while before these last two see the light of day. In the longer term, I still have lots of unused footage I shot at random for some future hypothetical projects, which are, as yet, undefined. Meanwhile, it should be business as usual here tomorrow!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home