Tuesday, May 04, 2010

At a Loss for Words...

So, what to write about today? This is one of those days when whatever it is I had in mind to post about, I've forgotten. On top of that, it has also been one of those days where nothing has happened to enrage me enough to come up with a bloody good rant, and there's been nothing in the news that particularly inspires me. Not that I have to write anything of course. It's just that I like to be regular, so to speak. Also, I like to reassure people that I'm still here, that I haven't fallen under a bus, or anything. Getting back to the lack of inspiration, I think that a large part of the problem lies with the fact that 'election fatigue' is really beginning to set in. I know that we're nearly there now - less than forty eight hours to go and its all over - but it seems to have been going on forever. The relentless TV coverage doesn't help. Particularly as it all seems the same. There's no focus on policies or anything else of substance. Instead we get an apparently endless parade of talking heads, correspondents standing outside various doors, opinion polls endlessly pored over by 'experts' and lots of computer graphics showing us what a hung parliament might look like.

For my part, I published the last of The Sleaze's three election-related stories today. I can't say I've particularly enjoyed coming up with them - it's not been the most inspirational campaign, satire-wise - and, to be frank, I'll be glad to get back the original roster of stories I had planned for this issue. Of those three election stories, one has generated a fair amount of traffic, one has sunk without trace and the latest is yet to create any ripples. By contrast, a couple of older stories with themes relevant to the election that I put back onto the RSS feed have done pretty well. Indeed, one of them even drew in some traffic from the Labour Party. I'm honoured. And if I see a Labour smear campaign claiming that David Cameron has a bestial alter ego that caused the financial collapse, I'll be asking for royalties. Beyond posting the latest stories on Humorfeed and the RSS feed, that's my lot as far this election is concerned. Hopefully, I'll finally be able to get around to writing that story about police corruption I'd originally planned to kick the current issue off with.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home