Tuesday, September 29, 2026

After Hours: Drugs, Sex and Violence on the Buses

We take another journey After Hours to discover a lost PG Wodehouse classic: ‘Steady On, Jeeves’. Can Jeeves’ secret photography studio in the pantry save the day for Bertie? Will the proceeds from the Drones Club nude calendar raise the funds to pay off Aunt Dahlia’s gambling debts? ‘Consumer Eye’ looks into a dodgy sexual deviant dating app, while The-Man-in-the-Pub tries to sell his re-imagining of classic British sitcom ‘On The Buses’. Is the world ready for his vision of drug dealing bus crews and drive by shootings by double-decker bus? Plus, just why was a kebab shop burned to the ground by soldiers in hazmat suits? One man recalls how one bad takeaway terrorised an entire town. Across the pond – is ICE sourcing its equipment from providers of ‘adult’ toys? Hear top reporter’s hard-hitting in-depth investigation. Finally, join Harry and Stan as they dig up some more graveyard relics and try to restore them in ‘Dead and Buried’.

Written and Produced by Doc Sleaze

After Hours was created using FreeTTS, ChatGPT Reader and Google AI Studio. Sound effects by Freesound Community via Pixababy.com. Music: ‘Midnight Charleston’ versions 1 & 2 by Cosmiczebra via Suno.ai. Opening theme ‘Twilight Static’ and closing theme ‘Twilight Sunder’ by Doc Sleaze via Freemusic.ai.

As promised, Episode Eight incorporates some of the material bumped from the previous episode - the two parts of 'Steady On, Jeeves', to be precise.  The 'Man-in-the-Pub' segment I pulled from Episode Seven still doesn't get a look in as, once more, I felt that it just didn't fit with the rest of the material, so I came up with an alternative.  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with that loose segment, but I'll fit it in somewhere, some when.   This episode continues the trend of sourcing some of its material from outside of the pages of The Sleaze, with 'Dead and Buried' being entirely original and 'Steady On, Jeeves' and the 'Takeaway of Terror' being derived from posts here on Sleaze Diary.  I'm still not sure whether or not I actually like the completed episode - while, individually, the segments are quite strong, I'm still not convinced that they hold together as a whole.  Plus, the title was a compromise and I'm still lukewarm about the artwork.  But both were the best that I could come up with.  Still, I am happy to say that, for the first time since the very first episode, it runs under my target of thirty minutes!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home