Friday, December 22, 2023

Last Post For Christmas

Well, here we are, only a few days left before Christmas and I'm exhausted after my various travels, shopping misadventures and a night at the pub yesterday.  The likelihood that I was ever going to make a proper post today were slim before all that, but are now non-existent.  Up until a few years ago, when we got this close to Christmas day itself, I used to put up a video of the various Christmas lights I'd seen around Crapchester that Yuletide season.  But Covid lockdowns and the fact that I no longer have a job that takes me all over the Borough on a daily basis means that I got out of the habit.  I have to say that this year I've seen some pretty good light displays but, to be frank, I just haven't been arsed to bother videoing any of them.  I did think about walking around my local area on foot and catching some of the best ones on camera, but after everything I've had to do this week, I'm just too tired.  So that option for an easy seasonal post isn't available either.  

But the plus side of all my exhausting activities this week is that the only thing that I have to buy tomorrow is a newspaper - after that I can shut up shop, pull up the drawbridge and hunker down to enjoy my Christmas of catching up with various obscure films.  I know, I do that the rest of the year, but I do it more at Christmas when I don't get so many distractions and it is accompanied by over indulgence in cheese, sausage rolls, beer, etc.  If nothing vital runs out, then there's a good chance that I won't re-emerge until 27th December.  So, barring my actually going out and shooting that video, this will likely be my last pre-Christmas post.  In which case, it only remains to wish everyone a good Christmas, or whatever else it is you might celebrate at this time of year.  OK, I'm going to crash on the sofa now...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home