Friday, December 23, 2022

Christmas Post

For my final post before Christmas this year, I was hoping to put together, for the first time in years, another short film of the various Christmas lights on people's houses around Crapchester.  I even managed to do some filming on the street I live on.  The cold tat has been plaguing me all week has, though, stymied my attempts to shoot any more footage.  I just haven't felt up to driving around the town after dark clandestinely filming strangers' light displays.  That said, I think that the cold is finally receding.  Mind you, I though that earlier this week, but a trip out of town to see my mother left me feeling wiped out.  (Mind you, I suspect that it was less the drive that set me back, than the brief shopping trip I made beforehand, where I found myself, quite literally, fighting my way through crowds.  Anyway, the sneezing and coughing seem finally to have died down, so hopefully they'll be gone completely by Christmas Day.  Still, at least I wasn't having to deal with my shitty ex-job at the same time as a cold this year, which I've had to do in the past.  Believe me, when you have the option of staying home and maybe going back to bed, rather than slog to work with a streaming cold, you recover a lot quicker and feel far less miserable. Mind you, if you don't have a job as crappy as that one then you'll also feel far less miserable, cold or not.

While the cold might be in retreat, it really has hampered my efforts to come up with posts here. I've been so tired a lot of the time that I've barely had the energy to write anything.  Consequently, I feel that I should apologise for the stuttering output, brevity and general thinness of this week's content.  Amazingly, though, I did manage to write a new story for The Sleaze on Wednesday, after driving back from my mother's, despite feeling knackered and decidedly unwell.  I was quite proud of the finished product, especially bearing in mind that I started with only the vaguest idea for a story.  Likewise, I managed to put together a podcast for the Onsug.  I sounded terrible in parts of it but, luckily, I'd recorded the main segments last week, so for most of it I don't sound too bad.  Maybe it was doing all of that resulted in my cold relapsing.  Who knows?  Of course, my attempts to get over the cold have been hampered by the fact that people have been stripping the shelves of any kind of cold or flu medication in Crapchester's shops.  I found a single pack of Lemsip, which I had to pay over the odds for, today, after an exhaustive search.  Surely there can't be that many people out there in Crapchester suffering from colds?  It was like the bad old days of pandemic panic buying, when the shelves were similarly stripped of medication - I also had a cold then and desperately needed to take something for it, but had a Hell of a time finding anything because all those people who didn't have Covid were buying everything.  Bastards. 

Well, unless I get around to filming some more Christmas lights, this will be my last post before Christmas, so it just remains to wish everyone the season's greetings.  Hopefully, post-Christmas, I'll be feeling better and more up to posting here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home