Friday, July 22, 2022

A Walk in The Country

I still have unused footage from several years ago for at least two more films, but found myself shooting some new video yesterday.  So, despite the fact that I know visitors here are extremely resistant to actually watching my videos, I decided to edit it together and put it up here.  Frankly, after this week's heat wave and the disruption to my already disrupted sleep patterns that it caused, I'm too tired to come up with anything else for a post.  (That said, this week traffic has been virtually  non-existent, so I don't know why I'm worrying about keeping up a regular flow of posts - nobody's reading them, videos or not).  Anyway, back to the video.  This was shot on the 'other' part of Home Farm, a local country park I often walk around.  While I've always been aware that another part of the park existed, across the road from the part I'm familiar with, it was only recently that I found it could be accessed via the gate opposite the car park I habitually use, rather than by having to park in the North car park and access it from there.  The only other time I'd gone through that gate, there had simply been a field there that you could walk around, but nothing else.  Consequently, for the better part of twenty years I ignored that gate and focused on the part of the park I knew, directly behind the South car park.

So, by chance, I found that the field has been 're-wilded' (a bit like my garden) and its boundaries have vanished, seamlessly merging it with a large area of heathlands verged by woods.  The heat wave had subsided somewhat by the time I filmed this, but its legacy can be seen in the sun bleached grass everywhere.  Cattle are also grazed on the far face of the heath and some long horned bullocks, ('no, I really saw them'), are in evidence.  It really is a very beautiful landscape and very peaceful to walk through.  Best of all, in contrast to the part of the park I'm more familiar with, it seems to attract far fewer dog walkers, (possibly due to the steep gradients on the hilly portions).  Like I said, I know that nobody is going to bother watching this video, (they certainly didn't watch the last one), but this is my blog, so tough luck if you don't like it.  I'll warn you now - there are likely to be more. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home