Friday, April 01, 2022

Spring Update

This week has seen an unusually intense bout of creativity on my part. So much so that it has left me exhausted and in need of lying down in a darkened room.  Not only did I finally manage to come up with that long post here about Demon Witch Child (1975), which I've been prevaricating over for weeks now, but I also managed to put together a new story for The Sleaze, plus find time to record a new podcast for The Overnightscape Underground, (which incorporates a version of that Demon Witch Child piece).  I have to admit that the podcast turned into something of a slog - despite having recorded most of it earlier in the week, I still didn't manage to get it all edited together until last night, only just meeting my self-imposed deadline.  I'm not sure that I'm entirely satisfied with the finished product, it all feels a bit rough and ready to me, with no real unifying theme or style.  Not that those things are obligatory., but I do find that they help to hold things together, giving it all a unifying feel rather than being simply a random anthology of items.   

Still, with Spring in the (freezing cold) air, I feel that I should start coming out of hibernation and doing things again.  Actually, I did take advantage of the good weather last week to go out for a long walk, for the first time in months.  The deterioration in my stamina levels was quite alarming - its going to be hard work to get them back up to normal.  But, that's the price to be paid for having, in effect, sidelined myself for several months, (I heard myself explaining this 'sidelining' to someone in a dream the other night).  The fact is that I've found that all those years I spent in my last, Hellish job, took an even greater toll on me than I'd at first thought and I've felt the need to just, well, sideline myself from the usual 'hurly burly' of life in order to recover.  I've simply not felt like doing anything - when I have stirred myself into action, I've found myself unenthusiastic.

But, even I'm not immune to the imperatives of  the season and have already indulged in some tentative Spring cleaning.  (Frankly, the whole house needs a deep clean, the amount of time I've spent slobbing around in here over the past couple of years, with all those lockdowns and everything).  There are also all manner of  repairs and DIY projects outstanding.  A priority really does have to be finally clearing out the spare room so that I can finally get on with expanding the model railway.  Until I do that, I have managed to secure the parts I need for a model railway side project, to keep me occupied - hopefully more on that once it is properly underway.  Then there are those bookshelves I keep talking about putting up... Anyway, if I can ever get myself into gear, I've plenty to do, rather than just thinking about doing it.  In the meantime, I'm going to finish watching Al Adamson's Blood of Dracula's Castle (1969), which is currently streaming on Otherworlds TV.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home