Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Cow Dung Therapy

'Government advises against use of cow dung as treatment for Coronavirus' - Jesus, I thought when I first saw that headline, those anti-Vaxxers are really getting desperate now with their 'alternative' natural cures.  As it turned out, of course, the headline concerned India, where the situation with regard to Covid is now dire and stands as a warning to all of the perils of complacency and inadequate containment strategies in the face of a pandemic.  Although there are undoubtedly still people out there claiming that it is all a hoax and all the stuff from India is faked.  But, sadly, I've come to the conclusion that these whacked out conspiracy nuts are lost causes, unwilling or unable to accept overwhelming evidence that contradicts their crackpot world view.  With luck they'll keep using the cow dung and die.  Harsh, I know, but the world really would be a better place without them.  Luckily for the rest of us, here in the UK we don't have to rely on cow dung, having access to vaccines.  I'm due my second shot on Friday, just in time for the next phase of lockdown easing.  According to the media, this will mean that casual sex will again be 'allowed' in England.  Which begs the question as to what they think is happening right now: formal sex only?  The sort where you have to keep your hat on and remain standing up and even then only after being properly introduced?

Mind you, my main health concern right now isn't Covid, but my back, which I put out shifting around washing machines the other weekend.  There has been a marked improvement - getting out of bed has become easier and putting on my socks has gone from being an ordeal to merely being a challenge.  Heavy lifting is still out and walking any distance is still painful and tiring.  So my activity is still limited.  In the course of the last week I've tried all manner of pain relief from Voltarol to heat pads.  The former does work to a limited degree - I didn't end up restoring a vintage motor cycle or running a marathon, as the TV adverts imply you will be able to do after applying it, but I did get some mobility back.  Heat pads have been quite effective first thing in the morning, increasing the flexibility of my back.  But the most effective measure by far has involved taking a bath as hot as I can endure - it leaves me relatively pain free for several hours afterward, (as well as exhausting me and leaving me dehydrated). I'm hoping that by the beginning of next week my back will have healed sufficiently that I can start getting back to normal activities.  We'll see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home