Friday, January 01, 2021

Happy New Year

New Year's Day must mean New Year's resolutions - that most tiresome of traditions.  I mean, if you want to do something, then just bloody do it, regardless of the time of year.  Mind you, after the way 2020 turned out, perhaps people will be put off of making resolutions or any other kind of plans for 2021.  As ever, the only resolution I'm making is the only one I can be sure of keeping - that of giving up 2020 for good.  Unless I become a time-traveller, obviously.  In which case I might decide to revisit it.  Although quite why I would choose to visit such a disrupted year, I don't know.  Actually, that isn't quite true, (about making resolutions, not revisiting 2020, obviously), I do have a resolution of sorts: when it become apparent that Brexit isn't everything they were promised, I'll be saying 'Fuck you' to any moaning Brexiteers.  You wanted it, you got it. Unfortunately, the rest of us have got it too.  I'll have no sympathy with anyone who voted 'Leave' that complains about reality of Boris Johnson's shitty trade deal.  Just like I had no sympathy for those people who got stuck at Dover at Christmas because the French decided to unilaterally block traffic from the UK due to new-variant Covid fears.  Many of those HGV drivers were ardent Brexit supporters who voted for it despite warnings it would inevitably lead to tailbacks and congestion at ports.  So, don't expect my sympathy when you get a little foretaste of what you voted for.  Go fuck yourselves.

You know, I think that I'm going to extend my 'Go fuck yourselves' resolution to those bloody Corbynites who still afflict the Labour Party and their constant attempts to undermine the current leadership.  Their boy couldn't win an election, (failing disastrously at the last one), so they don't see why anyone else should have a chance.  Look, I know you must be disappointed that your much vaunted but ultimately meaningless idealogical purity has been replaced by pragmatism aimed at actually winning power, but the fact is that the overwhelming bulk of the membership have voted for this new direction.  Damn it, you spent the last four years, as you drove the party toward electoral oblivion, telling us non-Corbynites that we couldn't challenge Corbyn's leadership as he had been elected by a clear majority of the membership.  So, go fuck yourselves.  Grow up while your about it, too.  Stop playing student politics - this is the real thing, with high stakes, so either grow up or leave it to the big boys.  You could always just fuck off and join someone else's party to screw up, (after all, I got told to to fuck off and join the Tories enough times because I disagreed with the puerile politics of Corbyn and co).  There, that seasonal goodwill didn't last long, did it?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home