Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Getting Through the Week

I'm feeling listless again.  At the moment I'm trying to get through this week as best I can, looking toward the prospect of a week off next week.  The impatience and reluctance to commit to anything which always accompanies the build up to taking time out is being made worse by a general feeling of vague unwellness.  I'll be fine once I'm on holiday.  That said, the media are gleefully telling me that the promised better weather next week is unlikely to materialise.  The bastards, they just love to spoil people's fun.  But my plans for relaxation aren't dependent upon good weather.  Besides, I also have the last two weeks of August off, when 'typical August weather' is forecast: mainly dry and warm (rather than hot).  That's all I ask for: normal summer weather. I'm not unreasonable.

Anyway, all this listlessness is sapping my will to write or post anything.  I'm meant to be coming up with a new story for The Sleaze, but making no progress.  It isn't that I don't have any ideas.  It's just that I can't work up any enthusiasm for actually writing any of them.  Likewise, I have stuff I know that I should be posting here, but just can't work up the enthusiasm for: I watched another Pete Walker film, House of Mortal Sin, over the weekend, for instance, and really should be writing about it here, but I just can't summon up the energy to do so.  I've also got several other schlock movies I'm in the process of watching, not to mention a piece of classic sixties psychedelia, Candy, but even completing my viewing of them is proving problematic.  Hopefully, once I'm clear of all the work related crap next week, things will improve.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home