Thursday, December 15, 2016

Close to Christmas

I decided to take a week off of updating The Sleaze this week.  It's not that I've run out of story ideas - I've got two three I'm currently trying to develop into full fledged stories - simply that I'm feeling utterly exhausted.  Perhaps its the time of year - all those overcast skies, don't do much for my mood, nor do the dark afternoons and evenings - maybe its because I haven't been able to get any time off work since my summer leave.  I've also had a gruelling week, kicking off with a lengthy meeting on Monday that included an intervention by out union rep and continued with me losing the better part of a night's sleep to what I can only describe as an allergic reaction - apparently to an organic yoghurt I'd eaten.   It left me wheezing, with blocked sinuses and swollen eyes - a bit like the worst of my hay fever attacks from a few years ago - and my stomach just couldn't wait to get rid of its contents.  The whole experience left me feeling completely drained of energy and I've just about managed to stumble through the last couple of days. 

Despite not being up to coming up with a new story for The Sleaze, I haven't simply squandered my down time watching TV (although I have done a lot of that), as I've managed to record the bulk of a new episode of Schlock Express, which should see te light of day over at the Overnightscape Central in the next week or so.  I've also been filming stuff for the, now traditional, film of the Christmas lights of Crapchester - expect this closer to Christmas.  I say 'closer to Christmas', but the fact is that we are already close to Christmas.  I'm afraid that the season has rather crept up on me this year and I find myself completely unprepared, with just over a week to go.  That said, I have managed to get my great nieces' presents, which, they'd no doubt tell me, is the most important thing I have to do.   But, apart from that, I've done nothing, not even put up my Christmas trees, (although I have tested those cheap lights I bought from Asda many years ago - they still work).  On a brighter note, I have negotiated an earlier start to my Christmas break - I'm only working the first three days of next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home