Friday, March 28, 2014

The Scent of Victory

A week from Hell draws to a close with me bloodied, but unbowed after battles both at work and out of it.  Indeed, I even have the scent of victory in my nostrils.  Not only did I finally get the council to empty my recycling bin, but we haven't had a power outage in at least three weeks since my last, somewhat heated, conversation with the suppliers.  But, most amazingly, it seems those shysters who were trying to claim digital rights over a piece of open source music I used on a home movie I posted on You Tube have backed off.  When I checked the other day the 'Disputed third party content' notice had vanished. Which I assume means that 'The Orchard' have abandoned their entirely spurious claim.  I notice that there's no apology for falsely accusing me of infringing someone else's copyright or, indeed, any explanation as to why they thought the music I used bore any resemblance to that of the various artists they claimed I was ripping off.

Not that I'm surprised by this lack of contrition on the part of 'The Orchard', or even Google who, as owners of You Tube are facilitating these chancers in their attempts to commit fraud.  They're big, I'm just a little guy. I may have won this round, but they just don't care, they've already moved on to their next 'victim'.  Ultimately, the likes of you and I are just dirt to them.  Despite having scored a 'victory', I feel little sense of triumph.  The fact is that the situation should never have occurred in the first place.  Google have drifted a long way from their 'Don't Be Evil' mantra.  They really need to police their own backyard more closely, rather than allowing it to become a playground for sharks like 'The Orchard' and their ilk.  But enough of this 'revelling' in my minor victory over the forces of rapacious capitalism.  Like I said, it's been a week from Hell, but finally it is over and its time to unwind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home